Gear swap 2010
First annual Caltech Alpine club Gear Swap. Come to buy, sell or trade gear.
Please print this flyer out and distribute... please invite people! Open to the public.
- TIME: Monday, November 8th 7-10pm, 2010.
- PLACE: Caltech Y, 1350 San Pasqual, west of the tennis courts on Hill and San Pasqual, in Pasadena.
- ITEMS INCLUDED: Anything outdoor related... climbing, skiing, clothing, backpacking, etc.
- FORMAT: Each vendor will have a small section on the ground, or on a table if available. Gear can be traded, sold, given away for free... it's up to you. Refreshments will be served!
Want to buy gear?
Great! This will be the place to buy gear, rub elbows with outdoor enthusiasts and enjoy some refreshments. You won't find refreshments at the REI used gear sale.
There is absolutely no cost to come to the event.
Want to sell gear?
Please RSVP to Justus (justusb @ caltech.edu ), and reserve a spot ASAP. There will be an entrance fee of $5 to reserve a place at the swap. This money will go toward buying refreshments to attract more people to the sale. Please write if you have questions about this.
The sizes of the spots are not set in stone. We'll accommodate your large items or vast collections of junk. If you have just a few items and don't need an entire spot, that's fine... just team up with a friend. Please don't team up in order to avoid the $5 fee, though.
On the day of the sale, arrive early and set up your wares in the section provided. Some tables will be available, first-come first-served, but in general most sections will be on the ground in the courtyard.
What are people selling?
Add the items you plan on selling below
- Justus: 10x new quickdraws, new ksyrium wheelset, new bike saddle, new trekking pole, new gloves, new thermarest-type mattress, new geko gps, new water miox water purifier, sweetwater water filter, mountaineering boots
- Stephen: giving away some extra white gas, and selling some misc climbing equipment. I might also sell or give away some old climbing shoes. Several sleeping bags. Maybe ice axe and crampons. Gloves.
- Andrew Straw: DTS Tracker Avy beacon, scuba regulator, full body wetsuit, bear canister, snow board
- Jack: Free semi used climbing shoes, free outdoor clothing
- Ann Wendland: avy beacon, climbing gear
- Fu Hai: BD Crampons (used), AeroBed Ultra Light Self-Inflating Camp Mat (barely used), CAMP USA Alpina Ice Axe (65cm, brand new), Snow Chains (used)
- Hakno: Feathered Friends & Sierra Design sleeping bags, Mad Rock Alpinist boots, climbing gear & outdoor clothing
- Mark Elliot: boots, crampons, ice axes, snow shoes, kids gear, back packs, etc
- Marc Allen: AT skis/boots, BD #5 & #6 cams, clothing
- Jim Barbour: liquid & gas stoves, steri-pens, water filter
- Adam Bushmaker: synthetic sleeping bag, a pair of Scarpa AT boots, size Mondo 27.5, a northface backpack, and a shorty thermarest
If you're not familiar with the Caltech campus, here is the location of the Caltech Y: <googlemap version="0.9" lat="34.138231" lon="-118.122388" type="map" zoom="18"> 34.137607, -118.122182 Caltech Y </googlemap>
After 5 PM, parking is easy. I would suggest parking on the street on Hill.