Gear Swap 2012
This event happened on March 14, 2012. Obscene amounts of trad, big wall, sport climbing, camping, and cycling gear was traded and sold, including some of the first cams ever manufactured. Turnout was awesome; may next year be as great!
Caltech Alpine Club Gear Swap. Come to buy, sell, or trade gear. There is no selling fee!
Invite your dirtbag bros; this event is definitely open to the public.
- Time: Wednesday, March 14, 7:30-10pm
- Place: Winnett Lounge, Caltech, Pasadena, CA. Easy parking on Hill Ave and California Ave. Winnett is very easy to find, see map below.
- Items: Anything outdoor related... climbing, skiing, clothing, backpacking, etc.
- Format: Each vendor will have a small section on the ground, or on a table if available. Gear can be traded, sold, given away for free... it's up to you.
Want to buy gear? Great! This will be the place to buy gear, rub elbows with outdoor enthusiasts, and maybe enjoy some refreshments. There is no cost to come to the event.
Want to sell gear? There is nothing to do but show up with your gear! The sizes of the spots are not set in stone. We'll accommodate your large items or vast collections of junk. Keep in mind that anything not sold should go home with you; as much as we would like to wear your socks, well, we don't.
What are people selling?
Since we're not requiring people to RSVP this year to sell gear, this section will not by any means be a complete list of all that is available. Come, hang out, and peruse the selection! If you want your stuff featured here, just email email@example.com and it will be added.
- ice tool leashes for Quarks
- ice tool leashes for less curved tools like the Black Diamond Venoms
- Used size 46.5 Spantiks in good condition: $100 (these are $750 new!)
- MSR Whisperlite backpacking stove (used twice), $40 Joel
- Asolo TPS 520 GV boots (size 10.5, wide, practically new), $75 Joel
- Skiing helmet $20 (proceeds go to club)
- gaiters, climbing clothes, rope bags, chalk bags, climbing shoes (13-14), headlamps, packs, biners, lantern, cycling clothes, truing stand, misc cycling cear (all priced to sel, mostl ynew or barely used) - Le Roy
- 2 pairs of gloves, skiing helmet, white gas, stove, etc (being sold by Caltech Alpine Club, all proceeds go 100% to the club!)
- Large mittens and ski backpack (more surplus club gear)
- large haul bag in good condition
- several pairs of barely used Evolv size 10.5 shoes
- El Cap-tested poop tube
- A5 double-wide porta-ledge
- Fuji road bike. Team RC, carbon fiber, Dura-ace, ultegra, nice. $2k or Big wall gear!!!!!
- Lots of stoves
- Lots of camping fuel
If you're not familiar with the Caltech campus, here is the location of Winnett Lounge: <googlemap version="0.9" lat="34.137197" lon="-118.123817" type="map" zoom="18"> 34.137197, -118.123817 Winnett Lounge </googlemap>
After 5 PM, parking is easy. I would suggest parking on the street on Hill Ave or California Blvd.